[ngw] Name Changes and System Groups

Ryan Radschlag radschlagr at hartfordjt1.k12.wi.us
Thu Oct 27 16:27:16 UTC 2016

We've had this issue as well.

"Solution": After you rename the user go to the Internet Addressing tab for their account. Check the "Override" in the allowed address formats. Click save. Uncheck the override. Click save. Click "view email addresses" to verify that the "Preferred Address Format" is the correct address.

HTH,
-Ryan

Ryan Radschlag
Network Manager
Hartford Joint #1 School District
402 W Sumner Street
Hartford, WI 53027
(262) 670-1666
radschlagr at hartfordjt1.k12.wi.us

This e-mail message together with any attachments or reply should not be considered private or confidential because it may be archived and subject to public disclosure under certain circumstances, such as requests made pursuant to Wisconsin public records law.

The message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.  Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.  Please note that the views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the School District of Hartford Jt. #1.  Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or to any other person is prohibited.

>>> "Gene Homan" <gene at genehoman.com> 10/27/2016 11:14 AM >>>
I changed one persons name from    Jeff Anderson   to   Jeffrey Anderson  and I did see it change in the GAC Group and on a users GW Windows client right away.  This is with 14.2.1.1

What part did you change exactly?  mailbox id?  last name?

>>> "Doug Ratz" <dratz at Lakeheadschools.ca> 10/27/16 10:40 AM >>>
Noticed something odd. When changing a person's name, the old name stays in the system group. It doesn't appear in the Admin Console, but does in the client address book. Only way to remove it is to grant administration ability for the group to a user, and remove the old name throught the client address book.

Anyone seen this? Any work arounds? Next name change I'm going to try removing the user from group(s), change the name, and put them back.

GW 2014 R2 SP1 on Windows 2008 linked to Active Directory.

Doug

--
Douglas Ratz
Lakehead Public Schools