[ngw] Bad Parameter Error when replying via mobile device

Morris Blackham Morris.Blackham at microfocus.com
Thu Oct 27 19:36:36 UTC 2016

Are they replying to a msg in a shared folder?  If so,  that is a known issue..

--Morris
>>> Lidija Thompson-Ward <Lidija.Thompson-Ward at macewan.ca> 10/27/2016 10:42 AM >>>
Hello NGW,

Although I know this is not really a GroupWise issue, it is related.

We are currently on GW14.2.1 and Mobility 14.2.1 build 237

I have users reporting the following issue:  When the try to reply to a received message on their device they receive the following error:

   Message is from:  Mobility
   With the subject line:  Failed to Add Item
   And the body:  Mobility failed to add the following item because: Bad parameter. Internal error

The users can read messages, move messages, and compose messages, but not reply.

When I look at the admin console, the users show as:

   User State:  Synced
   Device State:  Normal (with a green check mark)
   Last Sync:  current

Has anyone else seen this?

I have also posted this to the Forum.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lidija Thompson-Ward
MacEwan University
Edmonton, AB  Canada