[ngw] 2014r2hp1 questions

Paul Lamontagne Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com
Mon Sep 5 23:14:08 UTC 2016

Stephen,

The WPDomain.dc and WPHOST.DC files are still used when you create a new Post office or domain, It starts with those dictionary files to create a Domain or Post office at version 5.5, then it uses the gwdomain.dc and gwpo.dc files to upgrade it to whatever version you have installed...so latest Database Version is 14.2  I would not delete these files.

Paul

>>> "Stephen Hesser" <shesser at arandpartners.com> 2016-09-03 9:43 AM >>>
Had a couple questions on version 2014r2hp1 build 123047.

Post office:
1. Does anyone know what files are held in \gwpost\oftemp\gwdca\out directory? I think this is where converted index files are stored until the index runs at its scheduled time.

2. Does GW use the WPHOST and WPDOMAIN.DC files anymore? I believe the GWPO and GWDOM.DC files are used now. Would like to delete this if not needed.

3. Anyone see a message in their PO logs "Possibly damaged blob in database = userxxx.db"?

4. Anyone see this in their PO logs? Dictionary record has improper syntax [C045] User:<username>
These could be related to the wrong ngwguard.dc file. Of the versions I have found, in the PO, the client and running under the /proc/<proc-id-number>/cwd/data folder, it shows #VERSION=1200. Is this correct for r2hp1? I think it shows VERSION=1420 on sp1.

Thanks for any insight!