[ngw] Antw: Re: Recommendations for Small Business Anti-Virus/ Anti-Spam Solution

Paul Lamontagne Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com
Sun Apr 2 20:50:27 UTC 2017

Joe

you said "I'm still saying.. keep the spam/virus outside of your network. I hate the idea of the cloud too ;) but not for this. "

While I agree about out of network (DMZ would be fine enough for me) but the idea of my mail going thorugh some 3rd party AV/SPAM , means that every pience of mail is seen by that 3rd party.  It is a non starter for the Partners in the office iI am working with.

Thanks

Paul

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 2017-03-30 11:35 AM >>>
I'm running Gwava 7 (hosted).. Its definitely still missing some things and have debated going back to gwava 6, but it works for what its intended to do... block spam/virus.  It's missing things like statistics, etc that gwava 6 had. and the configuration is super weird to me, had to have Gwava hold my hand on that one. I'm sure it'll grow on me though.

I'm still saying.. keep the spam/virus outside of your network. I hate the idea of the cloud too ;) but not for this.

NOTICE: This email and all attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and intended SOLELY for the recipients as identified in the "To", "Cc" and "Bcc" lines of this email.  If you are not an intended recipient, your receipt of this email and its attachments is the result of an inadvertent disclosure or unauthorized transmittal.  Sender reserves and asserts all rights to confidentiality, including all privileges that may apply.  Pursuant to those rights and privileges, immediately DELETE and DESTROY all copies of the email and its attachments, in whatever form, and immediately NOTIFY the sender of your receipt of this email.  DO NOT review, copy, forward or rely on the email and its attachments in any way.
NOTICE: NO DUTIES ARE ASSUMED, INTENDED OR CREATED BY THIS COMMUNICATION.  If you have not executed a fee contract or an engagement letter, this firm does NOT represent you as your attorney.  You are encouraged to retain counsel of your choice if you desire to do so.  All rights of the sender for violations of the confidentiality and privileges applicable to this email and any attachments are expressly reserved.

>>> "Ken Etter" <KLE at msktd.com> 3/30/2017 6:34 AM >>>
Which has me wondering when GWAVA 7 will be released.  The videos I watched some time ago looked good, but last I heard it still didn't have all the feature set and was only in a limited release.
>>> "Ken Muir" <Ken.Muir at microfocus.com> 3/30/2017 9:07 AM >>>
Barth...There aren't any immediate plans to convert it to SLES.  There are some features in Ubuntu that GWAVA depends on that aren't available in SLES.  Hopefully this will change.  I've forwarded your question to the Product team so they are aware of your request.
@Ken Muir: Question at the sidelines - will GWAVA 7 continue to be based on Ubuntu or will it (hopefully) change to SLES when GWAVA becomes a part of Micro Focus now?

>>> "Ken Muir" <Ken.Muir at microfocus.com> 30.03.2017 12:47 >>>
If the customer is using GroupWise then the answer is definitely Micro Focus GWAVA. Whether on-premise (regular install), Soft Appliance, or as a Service. The tight integrations that are there and the integrations that are coming are going to make anyone using something other than GWAVA for GroupWise AV/ASPAM/Filtering throw away whatever else they may be using. The same will be true with Retain.

Our goal is to make both the feature/function set and the value proposition such that no other products are needed for your GroupWise infrastructure than those that Micro Focus already has. (i.e. the former GWAVA Inc product portfolio)

If you are using Exchange, Office365, Gmail or Notes you are also covered with Micro Focus GWAVA Security and Micro Focus Retain Unified Archiving.

--Ken

Ken Muir
VP - Sales & Business Development
(Former CEO - GWAVA)
Micro Focus
801-368-1374 (cell)
@kwmuir

>>> "Paul Lamontagne" <Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com> 3/22/2017 8:08 PM >>>
Recommendations for small Business Anti-Spam/ Anti-Virus Appliance.

Discuss..  :-)

Thanks

Paul