[ngw] Filr + GroupWise

Matt Schlawin MSchlawin at FVLHS.ORG
Sat May 6 16:19:10 UTC 2017

Point 1.  I agree completely.  At least give us the option to choose
public or secure and give the admins the ability to force one way or the
other.

I can see my users trying this, the person on the other end won't be
able to get it, and they will never try it again.

As soon as we get the public link option, I'll be rolling this out, but
for now I'm going to disable it.

Thanks for putting in this feature and I look forward to more
enhancements!

Matt

>>> "Marvin Huffaker" <mhuffaker at redjuju.com> 4/25/2017 3:17 AM >>>
David..
	1.  To your 1st Point:  I have strong opinions that it should
be
sending a public link, and not require registration. Hopefully
developers will recognize the value there for next build. I feel like
having to support all those potential users and their registrations
could be a huge burden for any company. Sending a public link would
just
be so much simpler.
	2.  To your 2nd point, I did not notice that until you
mentioned
it and I wonder if someone at Microfocus should write it up as a
defect
..   It looks like it's coded so that it generates the HTML Attachment
when the mail is first sent and a resend doesn't trigger the same
action. The interesting thing is that if you look at the original sent
item, it looks like the attachment icon is the HTML link but when you
open it becomes apparent that it's the full attachment.
	3.  To your 3rd point, that's correct, I don't really like that
either... But you're right, it doesn't actually put the Filr link in
the
email, it puts an HTML file with the link in the email. I don't
understand that design issue. I saw it when beta testing but there
were
so other things that annoyed me worse so I barely had time to complain
about it.  ;)

Personally, the way it is implemented, I think it's easier to do one
of
the following:

1) Share a file to external users from the Filr dialog rather than
GroupWise.. Filr will send out an email for you and GroupWise is not
needed.
2) Copy/Paste the public link into the GroupWise email. (Or any mail
client for that matter)

I hope that the developers can make v2 much better, but this does seem
like a good start.

Hey Microfocus -- Can we get some feedback from you guys about the
direction / roadmap, and also these issues that were mentioned?

Marvin

Marvin Huffaker
mhuffaker at redjuju.com
Office:  480-988-7215 (Best Number)
Cell: 480-797-2989

>>> "David Krotil" <David.Krotil at hilo.cz> 4/24/2017 3:43 PM >>>
Thanks Marvin for testing, in my opinion there are three hard
acceptable
issues with this implementation

- force external users to register into your Filr system to get only
attachment. If you sending attachments to only small group of
recipients, than is OK, but if you have thousands and thousands of non
repeating recipients ....
- if you resend an email, you will get full attachment not a link in
that email
- link to Filr file is send as attachment not as link, tested in
Google, Yahoo, even in GroupWise you will get HTML file attached to
email, not link

David

e-mailové zprávy.

Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not
the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may
be
about it.

>>> "Marvin Huffaker" <MHUFFAKER at redjuju.com> 24.04.2017 19:15 >>>
I have.  For what it does, it's fine.  It's the first iteration of it.
It's a good first step.  I wish it would allow you to send Public Link
files, but as it is now, any recipient has to register with the FILR
system and then login to access the files.

This is more of a FILR issue than GroupWise, but when a new user gets
link, there can be some confusion as to what they are supposed to do.
They will get an email from the sender with the link, and they will
get
a separate email from FILR telling them to register (Unless they have
previously registered). However, the FILR email is worded so poorly
that
the recipient will likely have no idea what the email is for.   There
is
a defect open for this (# 1030750) And you can refer to this forum
link
to see how to customize / change that email:
https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/502996-Customize-Email-Templates-in-FILR-3-1.

Also, it's critical that your FILR system is configured to send emails
and you have verified that it's working.  When setting up new external
users, you need to make sure that they receive the registration email
correctly (and I recommend customizing it, see above paragraph)..   If
you don't have FILR working with email correctly, when links are
shared
from GroupWise the recipient will never receive the email from FILR
with
the link to create a FILR account and they will be very frustrated
because they won't be able to Login to FILR and they won't know why.

Marvin
>>> "David Krotil" <David.Krotil at hilo.cz> 4/21/2017 1:37 AM >>>
Hi,
anyone played with that new feature in GW 2014 R2 SP2 ?

David

e-mailové zprávy.

Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not
the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may
be
unlawful. In th
is case be so kind and delete this e-mail and inform us
about it.