[ngw] webaccess "incompatible post office version"

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Mon May 8 15:32:09 UTC 2017

You probably need to copy the .dc template files into the PO directory.
Once you have put the new template files in the folder, the mta should upgrade the po databases.
I believe all you need is the ngwguard.dc and the gwpo.dc files. Possibly the wphost.dc, but I don't think it's needed any more.

-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Jim Gosney" <jgosney at genesco.com> 5/8/2017 10:35 AM >>>
We have upgraded our primary domain to 2014r2.... and all is happy.  But
we still have a secondary domain that is on 2012.  The users on this
domain are NOT in A/D but we'd like to upgrade it to 2014 and just use
GW authentication.

To test, but without affecting the production system, I've built a TEST
2012 system.  I spun up a new Windows server, installed a 2012sp4 MTA,
PO, and Webaccess on the server.  I set up a user on this test 2012 PO.

I did all of this in Console One and nothing was done in the GW Admin
console.  So I was basically pretending that 2014 did not exist.

When I go to that test server, pull up IE (Tomcat/IIS has been
installed and configured), go to http://localhost/gw/webacc and try to
log in as the test user, I get "D058:  Incompatible Post Office
version".  However, if I try to log in as one of the real users on one
of the remaining production 2012 PO's, I can log in successfully.

So I've missed a step in the installation of this test 2012 PO.  In
Console One, the database version says 5.5.  Could this be the issue?
How can I change this?  Or should I be looking at something else?

~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^
Jim Gosney
* SuSE Linux System Engineer
* Microfocus Groupwise System Engineer
* Microfocus Mobility Server Admin
Genesco, Inc.
Nashville, TN
615-367-7850

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. No waiver of any legal privilege or
proprietary right is intended or shall be deemed to have occurred by the
transmission of this e-mail or its contents or attachments to any person
other than the originally intended recipient.  If you are not an
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorized use, dissemination, storage or copying of this e-mail or
the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it
and immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.