[ngw] OT - NAS using AD credentials

Matt Weisberg matt at weisberg.net
Wed May 10 13:36:31 UTC 2017

I’m a fan of anything from Synology.  I think they make the best devices for the small/mid-market. www.synology.com

I personally have a DiskStation 916+.

https://www.synology.com/en-us/products/DS916+

It does just everything you can imagine.

Matt

—
  Matt Weisberg
  Weisberg Consulting, Inc.
  matt at weisberg.net
  www.weisberg.net
  ofc. 248.685.1970
  cell 248.705.1950
  fax 248.769.5963

On 5/10/17, 8:46 AM, "ngw-bounces+matt=weisberg.net at ngwlist.com on behalf of Paul Lamontagne" <ngw-bounces+matt=weisberg.net at ngwlist.com on behalf of Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com> wrote:

    Hi All,

    Anyone know of any NAS devices that will allow you to use your AD credentials to access the data instead of creating your own users through it's own OS.

    I know I can create a box and use i-scsi, but was just wondering if there were any devices like Netgear, Syslogic etc that would allow you to use your AD credentials.

    Thanks

    Paul