[ngw] OT - NAS using AD credentials

Richard Beels rbeels at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 00:14:34 UTC 2017

+1 for synology.

you can join it to a domain.  or use ldap if you wanted to.  Tony the
Tiger Approved (c)...   :)

https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/Application/How_to_join_my_Synology_NAS_into_Windows_Active_Directory_domain

They're a little quirky compared to "real" business-class gear but
miles ahead of QNAP.

At 05/10/2017 at 08:46, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Paul
Lamontagne's keyboard and said:
>Hi All,
>
>Anyone know of any NAS devices that will allow you to use your AD
>credentials to access the data instead of creating your own users
>through it's own OS.
>
>I know I can create a box and use i-scsi, but was just wondering if
>there were any devices like Netgear, Syslogic etc that would allow
>you to use your AD credentials.
>

>Thanks
>
>Paul

Cheers!