[ngw] OT - NAS using AD credentials

Ryan Radschlag radschlagr at hartfordjt1.k12.wi.us
Thu May 11 13:24:44 UTC 2017

You can join a Linux server to a domain and use samba shares to facilitate access. I did that years ago playing around at home.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
Thanks for all the replies...

The Sysology devices looks like it will serve my purpose well.

We want to use it as a secondary storage for non-current data, move the non-current data to it, still want it accessible, but just not backed up every night.  So putting one of these in with it set to with mirrored drives for it's own fault tolerance should do the trick.

Paul

>>> Mark Currie <MCurrie at laserfast.com.au> 05/11/17 12:57 AM >>>
Synology - You can join it to an an AD domain. Have heaps on client sites, and run 2 at home. Never missed a beat...
They have units of all sizes, including full on rack mount mount business grade devices.

I have an 8 bay at home with 22Tb in it....

Cheers,
Mark Currie