[ngw] File copy question for all

Stephen Hesser shesser at arandpartners.com
Thu May 11 14:16:01 UTC 2017

Thanks for the responses! Carol Ann, Turbocopy seems to be only for the
Mac. Do you possible mean Teracopy?

Thanks again for any ideas and input!

>>> "Carol Ann Casciato" <carolann at itcinc.com> 5/11/2017 6:32 AM >>>
You might want to take a look at TurboCopy. I've used it several times
and it has options that make it easy to find out what's going on. You
can map drives to each server and copy the files. Options let the copy
continue when you get "bad" files. I've had clients move tons of data
this way.
>>> "Jeffrey D. Sessler" <jeff at scrippscollege.edu> 5/10/2017 4:35 PM

Use your backup software to do it i.e. take the backup from Win 2008
and restore it to OES2015 * most backup software will do this and it
will be far faster than most other methods. Then use something to keep
the two in sync until you are ready to cutover (assuming that*s the
intent). The JRBUtils Netcopy can help in keeping everything
up-to-date.

Jeff

On 5/10/17, 12:24 PM, "ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com
on behalf of Stephen Hesser"
<ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com on behalf of
shesser at arandpartners.com> wrote:

    I'm going to be copying files from a Microsoft 2008 server to NSS
volumes on OES2015. Was wondering what some of you all have used or
how
you did it in a situation like this in the past.

    Thanks for your insight!