[ngw] OT - NAS using AD credentials

Jeffrey D. Sessler jeff at scrippscollege.edu
Thu May 11 14:31:25 UTC 2017

Depending on your interest in the cloud, you may want to look at the StoreSimple appliances. In addition to local storage, it supports tiering to Azure. Supports dedup too, so more data stored for less. If you have a MS agreement, they were giving these away for free in exchange for a certain level of spend commitment to Azure.

Jeff

On 5/11/17, 4:49 AM, "ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com on behalf of Paul Lamontagne" <ngw-bounces+jeff=scrippscollege.edu at ngwlist.com on behalf of Paul.Lamontagne at lamtechconsulting.com> wrote:

    Thanks for all the replies...

    The Sysology devices looks like it will serve my purpose well.

    We want to use it as a secondary storage for non-current data, move the non-current data to it, still want it accessible, but just not backed up every night.  So putting one of these in with it set to with mirrored drives for it's own fault tolerance should do the trick.

    Paul

    >>> Mark Currie <MCurrie at laserfast.com.au> 05/11/17 12:57 AM >>>
    Synology - You can join it to an an AD domain. Have heaps on client sites, and run 2 at home. Never missed a beat...
    They have units of all sizes, including full on rack mount mount business grade devices.

    I have an 8 bay at home with 22Tb in it....

    Cheers,
    Mark Currie