[ngw] Cleaning up a Message Database

Jeffrey D. Sessler jeff at scrippscollege.edu
Wed May 17 16:15:32 UTC 2017

When I had this happen, support provided me with a tool called “ListFIDs” (linux and win.exe). It’s a good start in knowing what users are in that message DB. A 4GB message DB is a good indication of something that’s run amok, duplicating a lot of small messages. In my case, it was back in GW 8 days with the infamous IMAP/Android bug that caused sent messages to be duplicated.

Jeff