[ngw] Webacc To many redirects

David Krotil David.Krotil at hilo.cz
Fri May 19 10:56:33 UTC 2017

Hi Thys,
this works for sure, I have this in /etc/apache2/conf.d/rewrite.conf

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}

In /etc/sysconfig/apache2 check for
APACHE_MODULES="rewrite"

That´s all

David

e-mailové zprávy.

about it.

>>> "Thys de Beer" <Thys at nwpg.gov.za> 19.05.2017 12:14 >>>
Hi All,
GW2012 sp4, sorry about that,...
I have changed my http to https on my two webacc  .. now sometimes, and
even more so it seems with mobile devices, but it happens with PC's as
well, the error of to many redirects would come up .. clearing cookies /
history etc does not help....
It would look something like this ..
https://webaccaccess/gw/gw/gw/gw/gw/gw/webacc  ... not always the same
amount and not on all devices.... o and yes i am using a internal
certificate ... (rather that then clear password right) ...

THen on my admin consle after i hit the ...admin.open/ it will add one
extra /gw/ every time (my normal workstations .. it;s fine i just go and
remove the one, it's just me accessing this, but still it annoying and
most probably part of the issue..
I applied tid 3317621 for ssl redirection...
Anything i can look out for?
Kind Regards,

Thys de Beer
NWPG Office of the Premier
GITO: Infrastructure
Deputy Dir: Server Administration
http://www.waytag.com/!ThysdeBeer.tag

018 388 3828
------------------
Novell -- CNE
Microsoft -- MCITP- Enterprise Administrator
Microsoft -- MCSE- Private Cloud
Vmware -- VCP5
Cobit5

Disclaimer
"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information
which is confidential, private or privilege in nature and it is for the
sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must immediately notify the sender via
electronic mail and further refrain from reading, disseminating,
distributing, copying or using this message or any of its transmitted
files. Any views of this message and its transmitted files are those of
the sender unless the sender specifically states such views to be those
of the North-West Provincial Government. Though this message and its
transmitted files have been swept for the presence of computer viruses,
the North-West Provincial Government accepts no liability whatsoever for
any loss, damage or expenses resulting directly or indirectly from the
use or access of this message or any of its transmitted files."