[ngw] Upgrade from 2014R2 to 2014R2 SP2, Admin console requiresserver IP

David Krotil David.Krotil at hilo.cz
Wed May 31 16:24:05 UTC 2017

That´s very strange, I have problem to login into admin console very
long time ( even with IP address ) and only solution was opening admin
console in private window. After login in there was only spinning wheel.

David

e-mailové zprávy.

about it.

>>> Rhonda Richardson <kc0izr at gmail.com> 31.05.2017 17:23 >>>
No, in the Agent settings of the MTA, the TCP/IP Address was the IP
address.  With GroupWise 2014R2 (no sp) I could address the admin
console
by name or IP and successfully log in, however, after the upgrade to
SP2, I
was no longer able to log into the admin console when addressed by
name,
only by IP address.

I changed the TCP/IP Address in the MTA to be the DNS name of the
server
and I am no able to log into the admin console no matter how I address
the
site again.

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 6:48 AM, Stephen Hesser
<shesser at arandpartners.com>
wrote:

> So the network settings changed from the dns entry to an ip address
> after the upgrade?
>

> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On May 30, 2017, at 11:56 AM, Rhonda Richardson <kc0izr at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Not that I saw when I read through it. Although, to be fair, my
> production
> > is set up with DNS names and I wouldn't have hit this had I not
gone
> to my
> > test.  My test system is still new, so I don't have it configured
> 'just
> > like' production.
> >
> > Rhonda
> >
> > On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Gregg A. Hinchman <
> > Gregg at hinchmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Great to hear!  Now we know there is a new mandatory feature in
sp2.
> >> wonder if its noted in the Readme?
> >>

> >> Take Care.
> >>
> >> Gregg A. Hinchman, PMP
> >>
> >> Salesforce Certified Administrator
> >>

> >> Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com
> >>
> >> www.HinchmanConsulting.com
> >>
> >> 765.653.8099
> >>

> >> "Courage is doing what is right."
> >>

> >> From: Rhonda Richardson<kc0izr at gmail.com>
> >> To:NGWList<ngw at ngwlist.com>
> >> Date: 5/30/2017 12:18 PM
> >> Subject: Re: [ngw] Upgrade from 2014R2 to 2014R2 SP2, Admin
console
> >> requiresserver IP
> >>

> >> That seemed to be the trick.  Thank you all.  I have made note of
> that for
> >>
> >> my production system.

> for

> look