[ngw] 1 year reduce job

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Fri Nov 3 22:00:40 UTC 2017

Possibly.. but I'm by no means a linux guru. Any tips on figuring that stuff out? Disk should be good. flash arrays, etc.

>>> "James Taylor" <James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com> 11/3/2017 2:48 PM >>>
Check memory and disk utilization?
You may be thrashing. GW14 uses a lot more memory than GW12 at rest, so you may be exceeding thresholds you weren't hitting previously.
Deleting mail is way more intensive than any other GW process, so it would show up there first.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 11/3/2017 5:23 PM >>>
I used to be able to run these jobs during the day, no one would notice, etc.. but since gw14 maybe.. when I try to purge emails over 1 year old.. it'll lock user db's, etc for a long time.. users get "unable to open post office files" and such. End up having to kill the jobs. any tips?