[ngw] GW2104.2.R2 Client hangs

David Krotil David.Krotil at hilo.cz
Fri Sep 29 18:21:59 UTC 2017

It´s definitely worth to try dump all indexes and create new. But this
can be time consuming, if client hangs during opening emails with huge
number of recipients I would try to rebuild DB indexes
https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014r2/gw2014_guide_admin/data/adm_db_maint_indexes.html
.

e-mailové zprávy.

about it.

>>> Laura Buckley <Laura at laurabuckley.co.za> 29.09.2017 18:42 >>>
Hi  Thys,

Have you checked that there are no errors on your Quick Finder
indexing?

Cheers

Laura

Lifelong Learner

www.laurabuckley.co.za

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Thys de Beer <thys at nwpg.gov.za>
wrote:

> [...]

level
> open Client Options and look on Allow searches of non-indexed
> attachments , if not try to Disable it.
>
> David

> Obsah tohoto e-mailu a všechny připojené soubory jsou důvěrné a
mohou
> být chráněny zákonem. Tento e-mail je určen výhradně jeho adresátovi
> a jiné osoby do něj nejsou oprávněny nahlížet či s ním jakkoliv
> nakládat, jinak se dopust
> protiprávního jednání. V případě, že
ejste adresátem tohoto e-mailu, prosíme o jeho vymazání a o podání
> e-mailové zprávy.
>
> The content of this e-mail and any attached files are confidential
and
> may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
> Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not
> the
> intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
> action
> taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and
may
> be
> unlawful. In this case be so kind and delete this e-mail and inform
us
> about it.

> HI all,
>

> Ok upgraded form GW2012Sp4 to GW2014.2.R2, what a smooth upgrade WOW
> ..
> Thanks GroupWise.. that was brilliant!!!...
>
> At first i though it was just me , but i am getting complains from
> other users now as well, so very often die GW client would
completely
> HANG, only way to get out is via task manager?.... this is on
windows
> 7
> and windows 10 PC's?... it goes completely unresponsive ... then
after
> the client started again for the next 10 or so emails all fine?..
>

> Kind Regards,
>
> Thys de Beer
> NWPG Office of the Premier
> GITO: Infrastructure
> Deputy Dir: Server Administration
> http://www.waytag.com/!ThysdeBeer.tag

> 018 388 3828
> ------------------
> Novell -- CNE
> Microsoft -- MCITP- Enterprise Administrator
> Microsoft -- MCSE- Private Cloud
> Vmware -- VCP5
> Cobit5
>

> Disclaimer
> "This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain
information
> which is confidential, private or privilege in nature and it is for
> the
> sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not
the
> intended recipient, you must immediately notify the sender via
> electronic mail and further refrain from reading, disseminating,
> distributing, copying or using this message or any of its
transmitted