[ngw] Opened file attachments location in the Windows client

Ed Hanley ehanley at microfocus.com
Mon Apr 2 20:07:33 UTC 2018

I show it in the Windows Registry (not settable in the GAC ).

Save, check out:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Novell\GroupWise\Client\Files Locations\Default Save						   REG_SZ

Opened attachments:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Novell\GroupWise\Client\Files Locations\EditAttachments					 REG_SZ

>>> David Gerisch <DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us> 4/2/2018 1:51 PM >>>
Where does the setting reside, that defines where opened file attachments are put?

In the Windows client, Tools --> Options --> Environment --> File location shows me both places for archives (the GroupWise Personal Archive) and for opened attachments.  I can set (and lock) the location of the archives in the GroupWise Administration Console under (domain / post office / user) Client Options --> Environment --> File Location.

But I don't see the similar setting for opened file attachments.

I also did a brief look at the Windows Registry and didn't find it there.

Is there some other way of setting where file attachments are put when opened?

Thanks!

David Gerisch