[ngw] Patched server - broke webaccess

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Thu Apr 12 05:10:11 UTC 2018

Thats an interesting one! If I manually append /gw/webacc to the URL, I can use webaccess just find.. but the auto-forward to /gw/webacc broke somewhere.

>>> "Craig Meads" <craigm at cwise.co.nz> 4/11/2018 9:59 PM >>>
Had a similar problem where after the patches, https:<ip addr>/gw/webacc would present the screen, but on entering username and password nothing else would happen. It would just sit there.

Reinstalling Webaccess made no difference.

So I did

cd /usr/share/java/tomcat6
mkdir bak
mv webervices* bak
rctomcat6 restart

and on another server that had OES

cd /var/opt/novell/tomcat6/lib
mkdir bak
mv webervices* bak
rcnovell-tomcat6 restart

On a third Server I found that I had to copy the webservices* back into the lib folder and then rcnovell-tomcat6 restart

Not sure what was broken, but it fixed the problem

Cheers

Craig

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 12/04/2018 16:35 >>>
Today, I patched my sles11 / oes 2015 to get it up to date. When I got home, i tried to access webaccess and was presented with the OES /welcome page! Prior to patching, it would automatically go to /gw/webacc .. what happened? :\ I don't remember if this is something fixed by reinstalling GroupWise agents, or if I have to tinker with apache configs. Anyone recall? Gw2014