[ngw] Opened file attachments location in the Windows client

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Wed Apr 25 18:19:09 UTC 2018

Interestingly enough, I'm looking to change this too. I'm considering using Folder Redirection for the \Documents folder.. but all these GroupWise attachments in there are going to increase the space by a lot.

>>> "David Gerisch" <DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us> 4/2/2018 2:22 PM >>>
Thank you very much Ed.  Although I don't have those in my Windows
Registry, that is likely because I've never tried to change them.  I'll
test, by putting updated entries in there, and seeing if it works.

>>> "Ed Hanley" <ehanley at microfocus.com> 4/2/2018 1:07 PM >>>
I show it in the Windows Registry (not settable in the GAC ).

Save, check out:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Novell\GroupWise\Client\Files
Locations\Default Save
REG_SZ

Opened attachments:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Novell\GroupWise\Client\Files
Locations\EditAttachments					 REG_SZ

>>> David Gerisch <DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us> 4/2/2018 1:51 PM >>>
Where does the setting reside, that defines where opened file
attachments are put?

In the Windows client, Tools --> Options --> Environment --> File
location shows me both places for archives (the GroupWise Personal
Archive) and for opened attachments.  I can set (and lock) the location
of the archives in the GroupWise Administration Console under (domain /
post office / user) Client Options --> Environment --> File Location.

But I don't see the similar setting for opened file attachments.

I also did a brief look at the Windows Registry and didn't find it
there.

Is there some other way of setting where file attachments are put when
opened?

Thanks!

David Gerisch