[ngw] 2 questions about GW2014 Admin console and LDAP

Jim Gosney jgosney at genesco.com
Mon Apr 30 15:43:19 UTC 2018

I may be misreading the info at that link but it appears to be saying
that if I specify the ldap servers at the POA level, they will be
accessed in the order specified.  Yet I"m already doing that but they
still appear to be random.

I'll probably just open an SR for this one.

~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^
Jim Gosney
* SuSE Linux System Engineer
* Microfocus Groupwise System Engineer
* Microfocus Mobility Server Admin
Genesco, Inc.
Nashville, TN
615-367-7850

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. No waiver of any legal privilege or
proprietary right is intended or shall be deemed to have occurred by the
transmission of this e-mail or its contents or attachments to any person
other than the originally intended recipient.  If you are not an
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorized use, dissemination, storage or copying of this e-mail or
the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it
and immediately notify the sender by telephone. Thank you.

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 4/30/2018 10:13 AM

Hi Jim
this might help:
https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014r2/gw2014_guide_admin/data/b199mao7.html#b199maoh

>>> "Jim Gosney" <jgosney at genesco.com> 4/30/2018 7:44 AM >>>
We are about to make some changes to our LDAP in A/D and before we do
so, I wanted to clear up some confusion I have in configuring ldap in
the GW Admin console.

If I log into the Admin console, go to System and LDAP servers, we
have
the following configured....

We have a Directory named Corporate-AD and beneath that, we have an
indented LDAP server named Corporate-AD2
Corporate-AD points to our primary LDAP server while Corporate-AD2
points to a secondary server.

Within Corporate-AD2, I see all our post offices assigned to it.
However, I don't see any way to assign post offices to the
Corporate-AD.
So first question -- is this becuase the top-level directory object
points to all post offices by default?  I see people hitting that
server
for LDAP authentication so they are getting to it someway.

Second question --

It appears just by looking through the logs that the server that a
user
uses to authenticate is A random pick.  I don't see any pattern to why
person gets sent to Corporate-AD or Corporate-AD2.  Is it possible to
give a priority so that everyone would go to Corporate-AD and would
only
be routed to AD2 if the primary was unavailable?