[ngw] GMS user provisioning

Morris Blackham Morris.Blackham at microfocus.com
Tue Jun 5 16:02:21 UTC 2018

thanks Ed,  much more info than my explanation :>)
>>> Ed Hanley <ehanley at microfocus.com> 6/5/2018 9:53 AM >>>
see "Changing the User Source for Your Mobility System"

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/gwmob18_guide_install/data/inst_update_mobility_pack.html#b17jbj7n

>>> Joe Brugaletta <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 6/5/2018 10:10 AM >>>
So its similar to how I currently do it with edir? Add users to the Dist List and it auto-creates them in GMS? My main concern is "converting" from LDAP to GW.. I don't know if that screws everything up as far as current users/syncing.

>>> "Bruce Perrin" <Bruce.Perrin at lbb.texas.gov> 6/5/2018 3:30 AM >>>
Joe,

We have our GMS set to "GroupWise" . We created a GW group for the mobile users and configured GMS to use that group for provisioning.

No issues so far. We have been running like this for years.

-bruce
>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 6/4/2018 5:30 PM >>>
So trying to migrate from Edir to AD and just came across a little issue that I'm scared will break users phone email sync, so wanted to ask here first.

In GMS console, under "Config > User Source", I currently have Provisioning set to LDAP , but authentication set to GroupWise. the LDAP server is currently pointing to an OES box, where I have a group called "Group-Mobile" in Edir that gets synced. I add a new user there, shortly after, user gets created in GMS.

Whats the best way to switch GMS to AD? or change it to GroupWise (not sure what that does)?
v14.2.2