[ngw] Expire/Reduce

Michael Statman Mike at EMESConsulting.Net
Fri Jun 15 13:51:35 UTC 2018

1. unread messages don't get reduced
2. 'older than 365 days' applies to the item's modified time, not necessarily the time it was created.  So if your Jun 7 2017 message was replied/forwarded/mark unread/moved etc after Jun 13 2017, then it wouldn't be in your window.  You can add a 'modified' column in your mailbox (or other folder) to see the modified date.

-Mike

>>> "Joe Brugaletta" <JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com> 6/14/2018 2:50 PM >>>
Me again.. (this place got quiet, eh?)

I've been doing an expire/reduce gwcheck every now and then for Items older than 365 days. it deletes a lot (I got 50gb back this time!) However, some mailboxes (even my own) still have emails well before the cut off Jun 13, 2017. One user has some things from March 2017.. my account has a couple of emails from Jun 7, 2017.

Can't think of why those emails wouldn't delete with the gwcheck.