[ngw] GMS18 Auto Discovery

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Wed Jun 27 17:02:35 UTC 2018

Thys,
just want to clarify.. you already have GMS running and just want to move it to a new server? Or you want to set up auto discover for the first time and move users to a new server?

>>> "Thys de Beer" <Thys at nwpg.gov.za> 6/27/2018 12:05 AM >>>
** High Priority **

Morning All,

Being the first time i am going to try this ... and in a race with the M$ onslaught .. i want to make sure i have this correct first time around..so IF i have issues i know it is not with this..

my domain = nwpg.gov.za
my mobile18 (now with SSL) = nwmobile2.nwpg.gov.za

SO all new devices i want to connect to the new one, and slowly move the others from the old server to the new (still waiting for firewall guys to open port for nwmobile2.nwpg.gov.za rest is done, users should be able to connect from internet "manually" (tested internally all is good) .. but of course i want to do this autodiscovery way

so here goes

CNAME for Autodiscover

alias
autodiscover.nwpg.gov.za
canonical name
nwmobile2.nwpg.gov.za

SRV record for Autodiscover

service
_autodiscover
protocol
_tcp
port
443
target
nwmobile2.nwpg.gov.za

it should appear as =
_autodiscover._tcp.nwpg.gov.za  ?  ... and this above will give me that?

SRV record for each internal GMS - i only have the one for now (nwmobile2)

service
_ngms
protocol
_tcp
port
443
target
nwmobile2.nwpg.gov.za

it should appear as =
_ngms._tcp.nwpg.gov.za ?  ...and the above will give me that?

So if i put my request as these tables for my ISP for dns entries/records , it will be take-off?

Kind Regards,

Thys de Beer
NWPG Office of the Premier
GITO: Infrastructure
Deputy Dir: Server Administration
http://www.waytag.com/!ThysdeBeer.tag

018 388 3828
Novell -- CNE
Microsoft -- MCITP- Enterprise Administrator
Microsoft -- MCSE- Private Cloud
Vmware -- VCP5
Cobit5

Disclaimer
"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information which is confidential, private or privilege in nature and it is for the sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must immediately notify the sender via electronic mail and further refrain from reading, disseminating, distributing, copying or using this message or any of its transmitted files. Any views of this message and its transmitted files are those of the sender unless the sender specifically states such views to be those of the North-West Provincial Government. Though this message and its transmitted files have been swept for the presence of computer viruses, the North-West Provincial Government accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or expenses resulting directly or indirectly from the use or access of this message or any of its transmitted files."