[ngw] GMS email message on pwd change needed

Ken Etter KLE at msktd.com
Thu Mar 8 18:22:28 UTC 2018

I've never seen that here, but I'm not aware of a way to stop it other than having the user change their password before it expires.  May have to put in an enhancement request.

I start notifying users 30 days before expiration that they need to change their password.  They get daily automatic emails until they do it.  I have had some actually wait until the last day or two before they change it, but so far no one has hit the expiration date.  I would have fun with it if they did.  :-)  I use Peter Kuo's ldapgadget to automate the notifications.  http://www.dreamlan.com/ldapgadget.html  Simple to setup and non-invasive.

Ken
>>> "Gregg A. Hinchman" <Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com> 3/8/2018 1:05 PM >>>

Got a customer with small issue.

Quote:

annoying email messages generated every time GMS touches GW when a password expires. The password can't be changed on the GMS device so the messages are pointless,

END.

I saw the message. Its a blank email with:

*High Priority*

in it.  Seems stupid and I can see it as annoying.  Thoughts on how to get rid or stop it?

Take Care.

Gregg A. Hinchman, PMP

Salesforce Certified Administrator

Salesforce Certified App Builder

Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator

Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant

Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com

www.HinchmanConsulting.com

765.653.8099

"Courage is doing what is right."