[ngw] Upgrade migration

Morris Blackham Morris.Blackham at microfocus.com
Tue Mar 13 16:25:49 UTC 2018

FYI,  this util fails with GW 18, but ok with GW 14.   Need to find out
what's changed in the API>

MZB
>>> Morris Blackham <Morris.Blackham at microfocus.com> 3/13/2018 9:30 AM

If you do go down the top-down rebuild option:

https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/cool_tools/groupwise-1400-top-down-rebuild/

--MB
>>> "Gregg A. Hinchman" <Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com> 3/13/2018 9:19
AM >>>

A rebuild of databases certainly can help to keep them in line and
seeing the same thing.  Given what you have shared, it definitely
seems
they are not aligned as they should be.  Not sure if tweaks are needed
or not. That is a call for further investigation.  Just make sure you
have 'hot spares' BEFORE you do the rebuilds just in case you need to
roll back.

And...again not sure since I am not heads down on this like you
are...but seems like if you just move the Primary to new server and
give
it new path and such -then the po and so forth -you could leave these
issues behind.  But of course if there is corruption in the dbs or so
-maybe not.  Worst case, its a call to support.

If you need help let us know.

Take Care.

Gregg A. Hinchman, PMP

Salesforce Certified Administrator

Salesforce Certified App Builder

Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator

Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant

Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com

www.HinchmanConsulting.com

765.653.8099

"Courage is doing what is right."