[ngw] GMS 2014.2 Locks user account in EDir

Stephen Hesser shesser at arandpartners.com
Fri Mar 16 01:45:16 UTC 2018

So it sounds like your using ldap for authentication. We use to use it
also. Turned out to be a real pain because people would not change there
password when they were being prompted. In the mean time, their device
would login and run them out of grace logins. We switched to GroupWise
for authentication. Makes things much easier.

>>> "Nico Basson" <NBasson at scu.mb.ca> 3/15/2018 3:33 PM >>>
Hi,

When users change their password in EDir then their phones will lock
their accounts if it tries to sync to the mail server if the password
is
not changed on the phone. We were under the impression that GMS will
not
lock out EDir logins? Also submitted a ticket to MF support, but they
pretty much just told me "we tried getting this to work once, but we
couldn't so now it's working as intended".

Has anyone had any luck with this or seen different behaviour where
phones won't lock out EDir accounts?

Thanks for your time,

Nico Basson
LAN Administrator
Steinbach Credit Union Limited
1575 Lagimodiere Blvd
Winnipeg, MB, R3W 0B9
Phone: 204-661-1575 ext 3822
Mobile: 204-330-1757
Toll Free: 1-800-728-6440
www.scu.mb.ca

This communication, including any attachments, is intended for the use
of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying or
disclosure of this communication, in whole or in part, by anyone other
than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may result
in
liability for breach of confidential information. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately, delete this
communication from all data storage devices and destroy all hard
copies.
While we make every effort to ensure all information provided to you
is
accurate and complete, errors or omissions sometimes occur. SCU
reserves
the right to correct errors or omissions contained in this
communication.

The individual sender and Steinbach Credit Union take no
responsibility
for any viruses that may have affected this email and/or
attachment(s).
Employee emails that do not conform to the rules set out in Steinbach
Credit Union*s Computer Usage Agreement are deemed to be outside the
course of employment and SCU does not accept responsibility or
liability
for such emails. Thank you.