[ngw] GW18 Client Printing Error

Brad Rodgers BRodgers at cesa7.org
Mon Nov 5 18:32:34 UTC 2018

Steve,

I would have thought completely reimaging the workstation would have resolved any print driver corruption.

The client crashes before you can select a printer to print to.  Are you thinking I should try removing every printer she has installed on her workstation?

-Brad

Brad Rodgers
Director of Administrative Technology
920.617.5648
brodgers at cesa7.org

This e-mail message together with any attachments or reply should not be considered private or confidential because it may be archived and subject to public disclosure under certain circumstances, such as requests made pursuant to Wisconsin public records law.

The message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Please note that the views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Cooperative Educational Service Agency #7. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or to any other person is prohibited.

>>> "Stephen Hesser" <shesser at arandpartners.com> 11/5/2018 12:21 PM >>>
I'd try and remove the printer, then remove the entire printer driver from the machine (via the print server). Re-install the printer. If there are any newer version of the print driver, try that also.  I've had the drive become corrupt in the past.

>>> "Brad Rodgers" <BRodgers at cesa7.org> 11/5/2018 12:12 PM >>>
Good afternoon!

I have one particular user who cannot print from the GW 18 client.  When she tries to print, the client crashes and closes.  The Event Viewer shows the following error:

Faulting application name: grpwise.exe, version 18.0.2.41348, time stamp 0x5b541934
Faulting module name: mshtml.dll, version 11.0.14393.2580, time stamp 0x5bbd70ac

The frustrating thing is I can usually resolve the problem but it always reappears.  Sometimes it will reappear within few hours and other times it will reappear the next day.  I am at a total loss not knowing how to permanently fix the problem.

So far I have done the following:

1) Reinstalled the GW client.
2) Uninstalled and reinstalled the GW client.
3) Deleted the GroupWise folders out of <User Profile>\AppData & registry entries and reinstalled.
4) Deleted the GroupWise folders out of <User Profile>\AppData & registry entries, uninstalled, and reinstalled.
5) Deleted and recreated the Windows user account and profile.
6) Completely reimaged computer with our standard imaged used everywhere else.

She is the only user in our organization with this problem.  Does anyone have any other thoughts on what I could do?

Thank you!

brodgers at cesa7.org