[ngw] GW18 Client Printing Error

Brad Rodgers BRodgers at cesa7.org
Tue Nov 6 14:50:54 UTC 2018

Thank you David for going through your notes and find this!  I
appreciate it.

The user is printing emails from her own mailbox.  I did check what
proxy rights she has granted and the only thing that is set is the "All
User Access" has read rights to her appointments.

-Brad

Brad Rodgers
Director of Administrative Technology
920.617.5648
brodgers at cesa7.org

This e-mail message together with any attachments or reply should not be
considered private or confidential because it may be archived and
subject to public disclosure under certain circumstances, such as
requests made pursuant to Wisconsin public records law.

The message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this
e-mail from your system. Please note that the views or opinions
presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Cooperative Educational Service Agency
#7. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or
to any other person is prohibited.

>>> "David Gerisch" <DGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us> 11/5/2018 5:56 PM >>>
In GroupWise 14R2, I have a user with an attempt-to-print-causes-crash
error; but, we got it isolated to calendar printing via proxy as the
problem.  Our secretary was attempting to print out the daily calendar
of our director, and it would crash hard.

>From my notes: "but eventually we figure out that if (the director) has
given anyone proxy write access to appointments, then yes the Franklin
print calendar will crash the GroupWise client hard. If (the director)
gives the proxy user read-only access, the Franklin print calendar
function prints fine. (Co-worker) later discovers that with write
access, the print function won't crash, if Tasks is de-selected."

David Gerisch, IT Systems Administrator
Tulare County Information and Communications Technology
dgerisch at co.tulare.ca.us

>>> "Brad Rodgers" <BRodgers at cesa7.org> 2018-11-05 10:12 >>>
Good afternoon!

I have one particular user who cannot print from the GW 18 client.
When she tries to print, the client crashes and closes.  The Event
Viewer shows the following error:

Faulting application name: grpwise.exe, version 18.0.2.41348, time
stamp 0x5b541934
Faulting module name: mshtml.dll, version 11.0.14393.2580, time stamp
0x5bbd70ac

The frustrating thing is I can usually resolve the problem but it
always reappears.  Sometimes it will reappear within few hours and other
times it will reappear the next day.  I am at a total loss not knowing
how to permanently fix the problem.

So far I have done the following:

1) Reinstalled the GW client.
2) Uninstalled and reinstalled the GW client.
3) Deleted the GroupWise folders out of <User Profile>\AppData &
registry entries and reinstalled.
4) Deleted the GroupWise folders out of <User Profile>\AppData &
registry entries, uninstalled, and reinstalled.
5) Deleted and recreated the Windows user account and profile.
6) Completely reimaged computer with our standard imaged used
everywhere else.

She is the only user in our organization with this problem.  Does
anyone have any other thoughts on what I could do?

Thank you!

#7. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or
to any other person is prohibited.