[ngw] Tim Wohlford scores GW gig!

Tim Wohlford tim at wohlford.net
Wed Nov 7 18:51:12 UTC 2018

Pam --

I just scored a GW upgrade gig!  2012 to 2014!

Couple of questions --

1.  Will DBCopy do a "copy if newer" copy?  I'd love to sync things prior to cutover, as this will move to a different server.
2.  Any other gotchas on this?
3.  Yes, I know that 2018 is out, but for some reason customer is going with GW14 / OES2015 / SLES11.3.  Trying to find out if their VLA agreement will EOL them soon with that combo.

Oh, and for myself...

I had a server crash here in my lab version of GW12.  Finally got it running, but lost emails between last backup (ha! backup my own email?!?!) and the time I got the new server running.  Is there a good way to merge the two user accounts?  I can stand up the old VM to get the data off of it if needed but eDir might go nuts?

Thanks!

Tim Wohlford