[ngw] Tim Wohlford scores GW gig!

Tim Wohlford tim at wohlford.net
Wed Nov 7 19:24:41 UTC 2018

Yes, 2014 R2 sp3 is what I think they want.  Thanks!

Any ideas on getting my old emails back from the recovered VM?

Thanks!

Tim

>>> <pkrobello at gmail.com> 11/7/2018 2:04 PM >>>
Tim,

Woohoo!!  Congrats.  Yes, DBCOPY should be doing a copy if newer.  No real gotchas that I can think of off the top of my head.  Is the upgrade to 2014 or 2014 R2?  R2 SP3 would be the suggested version if they can't make the leap to 18.

Pam

>>> Tim Wohlford<tim at wohlford.net> 11/7/2018 11:51 AM >>>
Pam --
I just scored a GW upgrade gig!  2012 to 2014!
Couple of questions --
1.  Will DBCopy do a "copy if newer" copy?  I'd love to sync things prior to cutover, as this will move to a different server.
2.  Any other gotchas on this?
3.  Yes, I know that 2018 is out, but for some reason customer is going with GW14 / OES2015 / SLES11.3.  Trying to find out if their VLA agreement will EOL them soon with that combo.
Oh, and for myself...
I had a server crash here in my lab version of GW12.  Finally got it running, but lost emails between last backup (ha! backup my own email?!?!) and the time I got the new server running.  Is there a good way to merge the two user accounts?  I can stand up the old VM to get the data off of it if needed but eDir might go nuts?
Thanks!
Tim Wohlford