[ngw] GroupWise and appointment return notifications

Daniel Wells Daniel.Wells at mhtn.com
Fri Nov 9 15:57:47 UTC 2018

We have a user that is receiving complaints from a client that when the client send a reoccurring appointment to him and he accepts (within his GroupWise desktop application), the client receives a separate email for each instance of the appointment and it is weekly for months, so a lot of return notifications. We have seen this behavior when a user accepts an appointment on an Apple device, but that is not the case here.

We have in place GroupWise 2014 R2 (with SMG checking both incoming and outgoing). The sender appears to be using Google as their email service.

Is this something at our end?  If not, what can we suggest to resolve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Wells AIA, VCP
Manager Information Technology

MHTN Architects, Inc.
Direct: 801.326.3215 | http://www.mhtn.com
vision made real

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including attachments, are privileged and confidential and/or proprietary information intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please immediately notify sender by telephone or reply email, do not use or disclose the contents to others, and delete the message and all attachments from your computer, system and/or network. Further, e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.