[ngw] Importing GMAIL e-mail into GroupWise ?

Brad Rodgers BRodgers at cesa7.org
Tue Nov 13 12:48:25 UTC 2018

How many Gmail users are you talking?  In the past When we have merged small Gmail domains into GroupWise, I have successfully used Thunderbird with IMAP connections into Gmail and GW to move email, exported contacts as CSV to import into GW, and exported calendars as ICS to import into GW.

Otherwise, take a look at Transend.  They claim they can go from Gmail to GroupWise -- https://www.transend.com/supported-mail-systems/

-Brad

Brad Rodgers
Director of Administrative Technology
920.617.5648
brodgers at cesa7.org

This e-mail message together with any attachments or reply should not be considered private or confidential because it may be archived and subject to public disclosure under certain circumstances, such as requests made pursuant to Wisconsin public records law.

The message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Please note that the views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Cooperative Educational Service Agency #7. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or to any other person is prohibited.

>>> <techgw1 at gmail.com> 11/13/2018 6:34 AM >>>
I think I have a good problem. We recently acquired a smaller company that
is using GMAIL. We are migrating them to our GroupWise 14.2.2 system. We
can successfully import their contacts. into their GW mailbox. Is there
away to import their email into their GW mailbox? Even if all the GMAIl
email goes into one GW folder that would be fine. I know we can get their
email into RETAIN but I don't want to place all their recent emails into
archive if we can avoid it.

Thanks
Bob