[ngw] GW 18.1 Complaints

Gregg A. Hinchman Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com
Tue Nov 13 15:21:54 UTC 2018

OH MAN!!!  This is a thread I can really get into!  And because of it, you all make me want to back rev my client to 14.

First, I use the GW client as a stand alone pop/imap and have for more than 12 years.  I love it! And to this day I cannot find a single email client that is generally speaking as clean and easy to use and work in.   All these clients today are just too noisy/messy.

Second, I CANNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOTTTTT stand the 'threading' in the GW 18 client.  I go to Sent Items to review an email I sent and I get so lost in what is there. Again, its chaos rising from the ashes of order.  It use to be that you open a Sent Item and you could see the chain of what you Sent.  Now it does something -heck I am just flustered trying to describe it- different and lacking in order.

In the Mailbox, and elsewhere I turned off Threading and all the other 'stuff' they created because its noise. It takes away from the work I am trying to do -focus on email.

Heck I don't even want to see the 'number' they place next to an email.  Why do I care what number in a thread there are?  I care about the content.

I do like that 'color' came back to the client.  I disliked the black/white days. So boring.    And I appreciate there is a 'GroupWise 14' button to get me 'sort of back' to where i want to be.

My big question is do the DEV and the GUI people do focus groups? If so what people are they using?

Then there is the Mac issue.  I run and have run on a Mac for years. Cannot say enough about Mac and its performance.  But for me to keep using a good client, I have to use a Fusion Win VM just for my GW client.  Dedication on my part for sure.  Heck I am even moving away completely from Windows even in vm format with Mac OS being preferred for vpn and other such things.  But that is a different thread.

Looks like I am back rev'ing to GW14 client.

Take Care.

Gregg A. Hinchman, PMP

Salesforce Certified

Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com