[ngw] GW 18.1 Complaints

Joe Brugaletta JBrugaletta at braytonlaw.com
Tue Nov 13 18:16:38 UTC 2018

They changed the Find feature in 18.1? Uh oh.. this sounds like a deal
breaker to me.. until we are ever able to get all these documents out of
DMS. :-\

>>> "Gregg A. Hinchman" <Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com> 11/13/2018 7:21
AM >>>

OH MAN!!!  This is a thread I can really get into!  And because of it,
you all make me want to back rev my client to 14.

First, I use the GW client as a stand alone pop/imap and have for more
than 12 years.  I love it! And to this day I cannot find a single email
client that is generally speaking as clean and easy to use and work in.
 All these clients today are just too noisy/messy.

Second, I CANNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOTTTTT stand the 'threading' in the GW 18
client.  I go to Sent Items to review an email I sent and I get so lost
in what is there. Again, its chaos rising from the ashes of order.  It
use to be that you open a Sent Item and you could see the chain of what
you Sent.  Now it does something -heck I am just flustered trying to
describe it- different and lacking in order.

In the Mailbox, and elsewhere I turned off Threading and all the other
'stuff' they created because its noise. It takes away from the work I am
trying to do -focus on email.

Heck I don't even want to see the 'number' they place next to an email.
 Why do I care what number in a thread there are?  I care about the
content.

I do like that 'color' came back to the client.  I disliked the
black/white days. So boring.    And I appreciate there is a 'GroupWise
14' button to get me 'sort of back' to where i want to be.

My big question is do the DEV and the GUI people do focus groups? If so
what people are they using?

Then there is the Mac issue.  I run and have run on a Mac for years.
Cannot say enough about Mac and its performance.  But for me to keep
using a good client, I have to use a Fusion Win VM just for my GW
client.  Dedication on my part for sure.  Heck I am even moving away
completely from Windows even in vm format with Mac OS being preferred
for vpn and other such things.  But that is a different thread.

Looks like I am back rev'ing to GW14 client.

Take Care.

Gregg A. Hinchman, PMP

Salesforce Certified

Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com