[ngw] Problem adding user to GMS 18

Brad Rodgers BRodgers at cesa7.org
Tue Oct 9 12:19:07 UTC 2018

Good morning!

I took the opportunity with the upgrade to GroupWise 18 and GMS 18 to build a new GMS server and am working on moving users over to it.  Our old GMS server has been around since the Datasync 1.2 days.

I have one user who will not add to the new GMS server.  She is on our old GMS server and her device syncs just fine.  On the new GMS server, she does not appear on the Users screen.  She does appear on the Dashboard screen but her GroupWise Sync status stays at Configuring and her Device Sync status stays at Sync-Init.  Her pending events in dsapp quickly climb into the thousands.

I did run a GWCHECK on the user and it comes back with no problems.  I did end up using dsapp to remove her from the GMS databases to stop the pending events from climbing further.

Any other suggestions on what I should do?

Thank you!
Brad

Brad Rodgers
Director of Administrative Technology
920.617.5648
brodgers at cesa7.org

This e-mail message together with any attachments or reply should not be considered private or confidential because it may be archived and subject to public disclosure under certain circumstances, such as requests made pursuant to Wisconsin public records law.

The message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Please note that the views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Cooperative Educational Service Agency #7. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or to any other person is prohibited.