[ngw] Problem adding user to GMS 18

Brad Rodgers BRodgers at cesa7.org
Tue Oct 9 15:38:05 UTC 2018

Danita,

Thank you for your response.  I re-added the user to the new GMS server
and watched the pending events climb but was more patient than last
night.  After sever hours her account shows in the user list and shows
as Synced.

Dsapp shows pending events at over 9,000 for her.  Not sure if I should
be patient and wait or if I should look at something else?

Thank you for the help!
Brad

Brad Rodgers
Director of Administrative Technology
920.617.5648
brodgers at cesa7.org

This e-mail message together with any attachments or reply should not be
considered private or confidential because it may be archived and
subject to public disclosure under certain circumstances, such as
requests made pursuant to Wisconsin public records law.

The message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this
e-mail from your system. Please note that the views or opinions
presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Cooperative Educational Service Agency
#7. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or
to any other person is prohibited.

>>> Danita Zanre <dzanre.ngwlist at gmail.com> 10/9/2018 7:25 AM >>>
I recently had a really weird issue where users would add but not
properly sync, and it had to do with some odd corruption that was
bringing in an “eDirectory Template Name” for the Default Application
Name, rather than the userid.  I’d check to make sure there’s no
mismatch there, as having the wrong Application name can cause all kinds
of weird issue.  So when you “create” the user - look to the right and
see that the Application Name is filling out properly.

--
Danita Zanrè, Move Out of the Office
I love my job, and you can too!
wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> I took the opportunity with the upgrade to GroupWise 18 and GMS 18 to
build a new GMS server and am working on moving users over to it. Our
old GMS server has been around since the Datasync 1.2 days.

> I have one user who will not add to the new GMS server. She is on our
old GMS server and her device syncs just fine. On the new GMS server,
she does not appear on the Users screen. She does appear on the
Dashboard screen but her GroupWise Sync status stays at Configuring and
her Device Sync status stays at Sync-Init. Her pending events in dsapp
quickly climb into the thousands.

> I did run a GWCHECK on the user and it comes back with no problems. I
did end up using dsapp to remove her from the GMS databases to stop the
pending events from climbing further.

#7. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or
to any other person is prohibited.