[ngw] GMS Autodiscovery for Android Devices

Brad Rodgers BRodgers at cesa7.org
Tue Oct 9 16:05:30 UTC 2018

Good morning again!

I am having problems with Android devices using autodiscovery to locate GMS and configure accounts.  Users with iPhones and iPads have no problems with autodiscovery and the Exchange ActiveSync Autodiscover test on https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ passes.  I have tried different devices from different manufactures and different versions of the Android OS.  Is there another test that I can run to confirm that I have autodiscovery properly configured on GMS or somehow see what Android is doing in the background?  On the surface it appears that Android does not get past checking for www.cesa7.org/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml and moving onto the autodiscovery DNS entries.  Perhaps it does and I'm not seeing it.  I am really at a loss here and would like autodiscovery working with both Android and iOS devices.

I have the following configured in DNS per the GMS documentation:

autodiscover.cesa7.org. 14400   IN      CNAME   cesa7-mobpak1.cesa7.k12.wi.us.
_autodiscover._tcp.cesa7.org. 14400 IN  SRV     0 0 443 cesa7-mobpak1.cesa7.k12.wi.us.
_ngms._tcp.cesa7.org.   14400   IN	  SRV     0 0 443 cesa7-mobpak1.cesa7.k12.wi.us.

Thank you for any help you might be.
Brad

Brad Rodgers
Director of Administrative Technology
920.617.5648
brodgers at cesa7.org

This e-mail message together with any attachments or reply should not be considered private or confidential because it may be archived and subject to public disclosure under certain circumstances, such as requests made pursuant to Wisconsin public records law.

The message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Please note that the views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Cooperative Educational Service Agency #7. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or to any other person is prohibited.