[ngw] Deferred sent mail

Laura Buckley Laura at laurabuckley.co.za
Thu Oct 18 05:33:23 UTC 2018

Hi Stephen,

There are two types of "deferred" messages.  There are the standard
messages to be sent immediately to external recipients but the GWIA, for
whatever reason, is unable to send the message out immediately - these are
the messages that are placed in the GWIA's defer subdirectory.

The second type which you appear to be referring to are messages being sent
that are configured for delivery on a future date/time.  These messages are
in the ngwdfr.db in the ofmsg subdirectory.  Deleting such a message from
the sent items folder does not remove the item from ngwdfr.db.  The item
will still be sent.

The above behaviour has not changed between versions.

Cheers,

Laura

Lifelong Learner

www.laurabuckley.co.za