[ngw] Groupwise Messenger 18 - No Login

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Oct 18 15:44:57 UTC 2018

My experience is that most messenger authentication issues are down to cert problems.
One thing that is not obvious is that if the cert name doesn't match the dns name of the  groupwise address you connect to from messenger, it will fail.
It is a bit frustrating to troubleshoot if you are not familiar with cert troubleshooting tools.
You may have more info in the logs, but some of it just trial and error.

One other kind of gotcha...
Even though the ldap cert is configured in the domain, it is actually associated with the gwadmin service. If you make any changes in the ldap config, you need to restart the gwadmin service, and probably the mta, too.

-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Mahesh Gokhale <gokhale.mahesh at gmail.com> 10/18/2018 11:27 AM >>>
Hi ,
I have recently installed GroupWise 2018 Messenger ; GroupWise Primary
Domain MTA is configured for the LDAP. I am able to add users in Messenger
from Primary domain postoffice. " When Users from post office tried login
to the Messenger it could not auhenticate."  if i create local user in
messenger they are able to login.

I have configured GroupWise MTA as my LDAP resource.

I am not able to find much info regarding the same on Novell/Microfocus
Site.

With Kind Regards,

Mahesh Gokhale
+91 98231 44707