[ngw] GroupWise license tool

Bruce Perrin Bruce.Perrin at lbb.texas.gov
Mon Oct 22 13:05:40 UTC 2018

Will do Pam- thanks!
>>> <pkrobello at gmail.com> 10/22/2018 8:04 AM >>>
Would you all post this in the ideas portal as an enhancement request?
I did send it to Mike this morning but posting there will give it
weight.

Thanks,

Pam

>>> Bruce Perrin<Bruce.Perrin at lbb.texas.gov> 10/22/2018 5:42 AM >>>
Agreed. We had a similar issue with our entitlement that did not get
corrected until we emailed Mike Bills.  It took no lees than 3
different
people to "fix" the issue and almost 2 weeks.(not counting Mike).
PITA in my opinion.
>>> "James Taylor" <James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com> 10/21/2018 1:49 PM

The licensing process is pretty weak, in my view.
I've seen the same issue myself.
I have quite a number of accounts I have access to help support my
customers, and those customers almost always have multiple counts
within
them. ( another ancient and still ongoing issue...).
If I accidentally select the the wrong account to license a groupwise
instance, I'm kind of stuck with it without outside intervention.
Not a real acceptable situation.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Pam Robello <pkrobello at gmail.com> 10/21/2018 2:37 PM >>>
David,

Both very good points.  I don't think the license tool has had any
changes
made to it for 18.1 but let me send both of these issues to Mike Bills
tomorrow and see what his take on them is.

Pam

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 11:46 AM David Krotil <David.Krotil at hilo.cz>
wrote:

> Pam,
> thanks for reply, I´m curious if I´m not only one, which has this
> problem = GroupWise license tool will have this feature in next
version
> ?
>
> Second problem which I have is that both License Tool and GWadmin
> service doesn´t work with proxy. We were forced to run that tool
outside
> of corporate network and System > Licensing > Automatically check
for
> license updates: doesn´t work in network with proxy server :(.
>
> David

> Obsah tohoto e-mailu a všechny připojené soubory jsou důvěrné a
mohou
> být chráněny zákonem. Tento e-mail je určen výhradně jeho adresátovi
> a jiné osoby do něj nejsou oprávněny nahlížet či s ním jakkoliv
> nakládat, jinak se dopustí protiprávního jednání. V případě, že
> nejste adresátem tohoto e-mailu, prosíme o jeho vymazání a o podání
> e-mailové zprávy.
>
> The content of this e-mail and any attached files are confidential
and
> may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
> Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not
the
> intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action
> taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and
may
be