[ngw] User photos not appearing in client

Brad Rodgers BRodgers at cesa7.org
Mon Sep 3 15:00:17 UTC 2018

Good morning again!

I spent a good part of yesterday messing around with this and trying a variety of things to the point where I lost track of everything I tried.  Somehow miraculously the pictures are now appearing in the client.  I honestly do not know what fixed it but things appear to be working.

Thank you for at least listening to my frustration yesterday.
-Brad

Brad Rodgers
Director of Administrative Technology
920.617.5648
brodgers at cesa7.org

This e-mail message together with any attachments or reply should not be considered private or confidential because it may be archived and subject to public disclosure under certain circumstances, such as requests made pursuant to Wisconsin public records law.

The message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Please note that the views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Cooperative Educational Service Agency #7. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or to any other person is prohibited.

>>> "Brad Rodgers" <brodgers at cesa7.org> 9/2/2018 10:47 AM >>>
Good morning!

Is there something else that has to be done to get user photos to appear in the GW 18 SP2 client?  I added user photos to the jpegPhoto attribute in eDirectory and made sure the LDAP Image Attribute is set to jpegPhoto in the LDAP Servers configuration in GroupWise.  I waited for the overnight maintenance tasks to complete expecting to see the user photos appear in the GW Admin Console.  They did not appear in the Admin Console so I manually ran a sync on each user selecting the check box to overwrite the GW picture if image exists on directory server.  Now the user photos appear in the GW Admin Console.

In the client the user photos appear in the address book but do not on messages received or in the address name completion.  Cory Calvert suggested I reindex my domains and post offices which I did.  He also suggested I check the view files in my post office directory.  I did that and it is identical to what is located in /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/data/client/views/win.

I have two questions:

1) Why did the overnight maintenance not automatically pull in user photos from eDirectory?
2) What else do I need to do to get the user photos to show in the client?

Thank you!

brodgers at cesa7.org