[ngw] REST API Question

Brad Rodgers BRodgers at cesa7.org
Wed Sep 5 14:55:48 UTC 2018

Good morning!

I am trying to change the Preferred Email ID of groups via the REST API and curl with the following command:

curl -k --user admin:$ADMINPWD -H "content-type:application/json" -X PUT --data '{"replicationOverride":"ACCORDING_TO_VISIBILITY","preferredEmailAddress":"0910TitleIIIConsortiumSuperintendentList at cesa7.org","preferredEmailId":"0910TitleIIIConsortiumSuperintendentList","emailAddresses":["0910TitleIIIConsortiumSuperintendentList at cesa7.org"],"preferredAddressFormat":{"inherited":false}}' https://172.20.0.5:9710/gwadmin-service/domains/EXTERNAL/postoffices/ADDRBOOK/groups/0910%20Title%20III%20Consortium%20Superintendent%20List

Everything changed as expected except for preferredAddressFormat inherited.  Even if I run a command to change it from true to false by itself, it will not:

curl -k --user admin:$ADMINPWD -H "content-type:application/json" -X PUT --data '{"preferredAddressFormat":{"inherited":false}}' https://172.20.0.5:9710/gwadmin-service/domains/EXTERNAL/postoffices/ADDRBOOK/groups/0910%20Title%20III%20Consortium%20Superintendent%20List

I am getting no error message in response so I am assuming my syntax is correct.  Any thoughts?

Thank you for your help!
Brad

Brad Rodgers
Director of Administrative Technology
920.617.5648
brodgers at cesa7.org

This e-mail message together with any attachments or reply should not be considered private or confidential because it may be archived and subject to public disclosure under certain circumstances, such as requests made pursuant to Wisconsin public records law.

The message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Please note that the views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Cooperative Educational Service Agency #7. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or to any other person is prohibited.