[ngw] REST API Question

Brad Rodgers BRodgers at cesa7.org
Fri Sep 7 19:31:58 UTC 2018

Morris,

That is interesting because I do have the PrefAddrFormat set at the domain level.  I was trying to set the PrefEmailID which if I do it in the Admin Console it requires me to check the Override box under PrefAddrFormat which is why I was setting the PrefAddrFormat Inherit to false in my script.

I also found similar behavior when trying to set the InternetDomainName Exclusive to false.  I also had to set the InternetDomainName Value even though I did not change it from what is set at the domain level.

Thank you for the help!
-Brad

Brad Rodgers
Director of Administrative Technology
920.617.5648
brodgers at cesa7.org

This e-mail message together with any attachments or reply should not be considered private or confidential because it may be archived and subject to public disclosure under certain circumstances, such as requests made pursuant to Wisconsin public records law.

The message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Please note that the views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Cooperative Educational Service Agency #7. Any unauthorized use, distribution, copying or disclosure by you or to any other person is prohibited.

>>> "Morris Blackham" <Morris.Blackham at microfocus.com> 9/6/2018 12:58 PM >>>
Brad, as far as I can determine,, the inherited flag is dependent on if there is an "override" of the PrefAddrFormat.   In your script you could supply the format you desire,  the Values are:

USER  (username at dom)
FULL  (UPD at dom)
LAST_FIRST
FIRST_LAST
FLAST

If you want all objectsin this postoffice to have the same PrefAddrFomat,  the easiest way is to set it on the postoffice internetaddr tab in GWAdmin console.  Probably a good idea anyway, cause external users/group have default format as FULL..

--Morris

>>> Brad Rodgers <BRodgers at cesa7.org> 9/5/2018 8:55 AM >>>
Good morning!

I am trying to change the Preferred Email ID of groups via the REST API and curl with the following command:

curl -k --user admin:$ADMINPWD -H "content-type:application/json" -X PUT --data '{"replicationOverride":"ACCORDING_TO_VISIBILITY","preferredEmailAddress":"0910TitleIIIConsortiumSuperintendentList at cesa7.org","preferredEmailId":"0910TitleIIIConsortiumSuperintendentList","emailAddresses":["0910TitleIIIConsortiumSuperintendentList at cesa7.org"],"preferredAddressFormat":{"inherited":false}}' https://172.20.0.5:9710/gwadmin-service/domains/EXTERNAL/postoffices/ADDRBOOK/groups/0910%20Title%20III%20Consortium%20Superintendent%20List

Everything changed as expected except for preferredAddressFormat inherited.  Even if I run a command to change it from true to false by itself, it will not:

curl -k --user admin:$ADMINPWD -H "content-type:application/json" -X PUT --data '{"preferredAddressFormat":{"inherited":false}}' https://172.20.0.5:9710/gwadmin-service/domains/EXTERNAL/postoffices/ADDRBOOK/groups/0910%20Title%20III%20Consortium%20Superintendent%20List

I am getting no error message in response so I am assuming my syntax is correct.  Any thoughts?

Thank you for your help!

brodgers at cesa7.org