[ngw] Constant GroupWise Client Crashes

Stephen Hesser shesser at arandpartners.com
Tue Apr 2 16:57:34 UTC 2019

On just 18 clients? Does gw14.2.3 client work? What win version?

>>> "Bill Neumann" <Bill.Neumann at willmarfab.com> 4/2/2019 11:54 AM >>>
Is it crashing on startup, or when opening an email, or replying?

>>> "Nico Basson" <NBasson at scu.mb.ca> 4/2/2019 11:52 AM >>>
Hi,

We have users with constant GroupWise client crashes which is getting
to the point of it being unusable for them.
We have tried various things like installing the latest GroupWise
client, re-imaging computers and even giving people different PCs
altogether as recommended by MicroFocus.
I have also ran multiple Analyze/Fix and Structural Rebuilds on a
bunch
of users. The POA also don't seem to be that busy, we have no CS reqs
pending and the threads seem to be all close to 0.
I have even doubled the RAM and the CPU on the POA server.
We currently have 18.1 installed.
I'm out of ideas and desperate to get this fixed, I have sent multiple
crash dumps and POA logs to MF, but they have not been able to help me
over the course of over a month.
If anyone has any suggestions that might help resolve this I will be
willing to try it.

Thanks,

Nico Basson
Steinbach Credit Union

This communication, including any attachments, is intended for the use
of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying or
disclosure of this communication, in whole or in part, by anyone other
than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may result
in
liability for breach of confidential information. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately, delete this
communication from all data storage devices and destroy all hard
copies.
While we make every effort to ensure all information provided to you
is
accurate and complete, errors or omissions sometimes occur. SCU
reserves
the right to correct errors or omissions contained in this
communication.

The individual sender and Steinbach Credit Union take no
responsibility
for any viruses that may have affected this email and/or
attachment(s).
Employee emails that do not conform to the rules set out in Steinbach
Credit Union*s Computer Usage Agreement are deemed to be outside the
course of employment and SCU does not accept responsibility or
liability
for such emails. Thank you.