[ngw] GMS + SLES + HyperV

Marvin Huffaker mhuffaker at redjuju.com
Wed Apr 3 00:53:34 UTC 2019

I have a customer that is a Windows shop running on HyperV.  Twice in the last 6 months, their GMS system has gone corrupted beyond repair. Meaning on reboot it couldn't mount the file system and a manual fsck resulted in 100,000's of errors.   Needless to say, even after the repairs the system was trashed and I had to rebuild it from scratch.

Is there something about SLES on HYPERV that makes it more susceptible to corruption?  I have never experienced this kind of issue running on VMWARE.

Thanks.

Marvin