[ngw] GMS + SLES + HyperV

Marvin Huffaker mhuffaker at redjuju.com
Wed Apr 3 06:50:46 UTC 2019

That’s really not an option for me.  I don’t have control of that
aspect.   Really need to know if other people run sles and gms
successfully on hyperv.

Marvin

Sent from my iPhone

<ngw-bounces+mcurrie=laserfast.com.au at ngwlist.com> on behalf of Marvin
Huffaker <mhuffaker at redjuju.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 11:53 AM
> To: ngw at ngwlist.com
> Subject: [ngw] GMS + SLES + HyperV
>
> I have a customer that is a Windows shop running on HyperV.  Twice in
the last 6 months, their GMS system has gone corrupted beyond repair.
Meaning on reboot it couldn't mount the file system and a manual fsck
resulted in 100,000's of errors.   Needless to say, even after the
repairs the system was trashed and I had to rebuild it from scratch.

> Is there something about SLES on HYPERV that makes it more susceptible
to corruption?  I have never experienced this kind of issue running on
VMWARE.