[ngw] GMS + SLES + HyperV

David Krotil David.Krotil at hilo.cz
Wed Apr 3 06:56:25 UTC 2019

I´m not 100 % positive about that, but Azure is some kind of Hyper-V and
there are plenty documents how to run SLES in Azure. There need to be
some kind of "Tools" that are talking to hypervisor. But I don´t have
any experience with that.

David

e-mailové zprávy.

about it.

>>> "Marvin Huffaker" <mhuffaker at redjuju.com> 03.04.2019 8:50 >>>
That’s really not an option for me.  I don’t have control of that
aspect.   Really need to know if other people run sles and gms
successfully on hyperv.

Marvin

Sent from my iPhone

<ngw-bounces+mcurrie=laserfast.com.au at ngwlist.com> on behalf of Marvin
Huffaker <mhuffaker at redjuju.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 11:53 AM
> To: ngw at ngwlist.com
> Subject: [ngw] GMS + SLES + HyperV
>
> I have a customer that is a Windows shop running on HyperV.  Twice
in
the last 6 months, their GMS system has gone corrupted beyond repair.
Meaning on reboot it couldn't mount the file system and a manual fsck
resulted in 100,000's of errors.   Needless to say, even after the
repairs the system was trashed and I had to rebuild it from scratch.

> Is there something about SLES on HYPERV that makes it more
susceptible
to corruption?  I have never experienced this kind of issue running on
VMWARE.