[ngw] GMS + SLES + HyperV

pkrobello at gmail.com pkrobello at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 15:21:02 UTC 2019

Hi Marvin,

This does not appear to be a GMS issue however this is a configuration that our test teams are not familiar with.  You will likely need to work with the SLES team if this happens again so they can determine what the problem is.

Thanks,

Pam

>>> Marvin Huffaker<mhuffaker at redjuju.com> 4/2/2019 6:53 PM >>>
I have a customer that is a Windows shop running on HyperV.  Twice in the last 6 months, their GMS system has gone corrupted beyond repair. Meaning on reboot it couldn't mount the file system and a manual fsck resulted in 100,000's of errors.   Needless to say, even after the repairs the system was trashed and I had to rebuild it from scratch.

Is there something about SLES on HYPERV that makes it more susceptible to corruption?  I have never experienced this kind of issue running on VMWARE.

Thanks.

Marvin