[ngw] GMS + SLES + HyperV

Matt Weisberg matt at weisberg.net
Wed Apr 3 22:32:59 UTC 2019

I'll just chime in here too and mention that I have another site that was running multiple GMS servers under Hyper-V (both SLES 11 and 12) for many years with no issues at all (I say was because they migrated to Office 365 this past December).  This site had well over 50 SLES VMs (several GW POs) running in 2 different large Hyper-V clusters, so I can attest that SLES 11, 12 and 15 all run fine under Hyper-V as well.

I'll echo Joe's comment to make sure the Hyper-V integration tools are loaded (included in the SLES distro).  I also do typically use the kernel option elevator=noop for these VMs too.

As for file systems, I've run ext 2, 3, 4, btrfs, xfs, and nss all under Hyper-V without issue.

The SLES support folks may be of more help on this one though, so that may be a route to take.

All that said, I still prefer VMWare!  Hyper-V is a confusing mess to me!

Matt

--
Matt Weisberg
Weisberg Consulting, Inc.