[ngw] GW 18 client upgrade causes folder settings to change on random folders in the cabinet

Ken Etter KLE at msktd.com
Wed Jun 5 15:42:40 UTC 2019

I have not seen existing folders change, but any new folders created have the new default.  And that makes for a jumbled mess.  Even though my servers are fully patched GW 18, my clients are still on 2014.2.3 and will remain there until things change.  Supposedly that is planned for 18.2.  See https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/mf-gw/Idea/Detail/870 and https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/mf-gw/Idea/Detail/13812

Ken
>>> "Dale Puotinen" <Dale.Puotinen at childrensmn.org> 6/5/2019 11:27 AM >>>
We just started rolling out the GW 18.1.1 client to our users which had been on GW 2014 R2 SP2 and we are seeing some very odd behavior with folders in the Cabinet. It seems that the upgraded client is changing the display on folders randomly. Here is what is happening. A GroupWise user has all folders configured to show Details and Columns with Name, Subject, Date which is traditional GroupWise. Once the user is upgraded, some folders now are configured with Show Group Labels, Message Preview, and Summary. It also has rearranged the order of the columns in some folders which are still set to display Details and Columns to Subject, Name, Date, Action. One user has seen this on many folders and even half of sub folders in one folder have been changed, every other sub folder. I have seen this happen to only one folder in my Cabinet. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Dale Puotinen
Infrastructure Engineer
ITS
Children's Business Campus
5901 Lincoln Drive
Edina, MN 55436
Direct (952) 992-5029
Dale.Puotinen at childrensMN.org

Confidentiality Statement:
This email/fax, including attachments, may include confidential
and/or proprietary information and may be used only by the
person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of
this email/fax is not the intended recipient or his or her
agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email/fax is prohibited. If you
have received this email/fax in error, please notify the sender
by replying to this message and deleting this email or
destroying this facsimile immediately.